• Extremely low thermal conductivity (k-value) enables thinner designs for improved space efficiency
• Integrated vapor retarder provides redundant protection in an easy-to-install package
• Eliminates the need for contraction joints reducing cost and complexity
• Durable and flexible even at cryogenic temperatures
• Robust performance during construction, transport and operations makes it suitable for pre-insulation and modular builds
• Increased labor productivity and faster installation rates
• Proven in global LNG liquefaction and regasification facilities
• Thermal, acoustic, jet-fire, pool fire, and cryogenic spill protection in a single system
Physical Properties of Cryogel Z
Thickness*: 0.20 in (5 mm) / 0.40 in (10 mm)
Roll Size*: Approx. 1250 sqft; 58 in (1450mm) wide / Approx. 700 sqft; 58 in (1450mm) wide
Max. Use Temp.: 257°F (125°C)
Density*: 10.0 lb/ft³ (0.16 g/cc)
Performance of Systems Incorporating Cryogel Z
The performance of Cryogel Z in cold acoustic service and passive fire protection systems has been evaluated according to the test methods described below. Performance levels achieved in these systems are configuration dependent. Contact Aspen Aerogels technical service for configuration and other details.
• UL 1709 – Rapid Rise Fire Test: Up to 150 min of protection
• OTI-95-634 – Jet Fire Protection: Up to 120 min of protection
• ISO 15665 – Acoustic Insulation for Pipes, Valves, and Flanges: Configurations meeting Class A2, B2, C2, and Shell D2 possible
• IMO Part 2 and 5: Effective July 2019, use only Cryogel Z (IMO grade) for applications requiring compliance with IMO Part 2 and 5. Standard grade Cryogel Z is only appropriate for applications that do not require compliance with IMO Part 2 and 5. Contact Aspen technical service for additional information.
Specification Compliance and Peformance
ASTM C165, ASTM C356, ASTM C795, ASTM C1101/1101M, ASTM C1104/1104M, ASTM C1338, ASTM C1617, ASTM C1763, ASTM E84, ASTM E96
General Insulation Company is a B2B distributor – supplier with over 50 locations across the U.S. that stocks and fabricates a wide variety of aerogel insulation products for commercial, industrial, and residential construction markets.