PYROGEL XTE – High Performance Aerogel Insulation for Industrial Applications
Pyrogel® XTE insulation is a flexible, high-performance, aerogel blanket designed for use in industrial applications. Pyrogel XTE is engineered to deliver superior thermal performance while offering excellent protection against corrosion under insulation (CUI). Hydrophobic and breathable, Pyrogel XTE ensures long-lasting water resistance for both the insulation layer and underlying asset; they remain drier for longer, preserving process conditions, and saving energy in the harshest of environments. These characteristics make Pyrogel XTE the “go-to” insulation for industry-leading CUI defense.
With extremely low thermal conductivity, Pyrogel XTE is up to 75% thinner than competing materials. It’s thin profile makes it ideal for installation in congested areas or to resolve mechanical clashes, increasing both plant safety and efficiency. Pyrogel XTE is mechanically robust, enabling pre-insulation to save time and money. It can be removed and reused after inspection, lowering total cost of ownership.
The versatility of Pyrogel XTE makes it suitable for a wide range of applications, from small-bore pipe to the largest format process vessels and equipment.
Pyrogel XTE Advantages
• Best-in-class CUI protection
• Hydrophobic and breathable, resists liquid water and avoids the damaging effects of wet insulation
• Up to five-times better thermal performance versus competing materials
• Faster application rates, especially on large-bore pipes and vessels
• Tough enough to maintain thermal performance even after compression events
• Versatile format can be cut to fit any piece of piping or equipment
• Reduced logistics costs relative to rigid insulation—lower scrap, transport costs, and man hours on project and turnaround work
• Durable format permits pre-insulation and reuse
General Insulation Company is a B2B distributor – supplier with over 50 locations across the U.S. that stocks and fabricates a wide variety of aerogel insulation products for commercial, industrial, and residential construction markets.