AK-CRYL CP-9 Weather Barrier Coating provides weatherproofing and mechanical protection of thermal insulation both outdoors and indoors, in hot, cold and dual-temperature service. Because it is a ‘breather’ coating (vapors under pressure will pass through it), it should only be used over insulations in low temperature, or dual-temperature service when the insulations themselves are vapor barriers, or where a complete vapor barrier system is applied to the insulated surface either before or after the coating is applied. Industry experience has demonstrated that all weather barrier coatings may blister when applied over polystyrene board. This effect may be limited by the use of white colored coatings.
AK-CRYL CP-9 Weather Barrier Coating is easy to apply by Trowel, Glove, Brush or Heavy-Duty Airless Spray.
- In the wet state, AK-CRYL CP-9 Weather Barrier Coating is nonflammable for worker safety.
- Being water based, it contains no harmful solvents that will attack insulations or facings.
- Its special formulation allows for application during most times of the year for increased productivity.
- Meets NFPA Standard 90-A and 90-B 25/50 requirements.
- This product has been testing according to ASTM E-84 (Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials).
- Meets requirements for LEED IEQ 4.2 Low-Emitting Materials, Paints and Coatings. VOC: 45 g/l, less water and exempt solvents
General Insulation Company Inc. is an insulation supplier / insulation distributor that stocks and fabricates a wide variety of industrial and commercial air barrier, vapor barrier, moisture and water barrier products for the construction market.