DuPont™ Styrofoam™ Brand Highload Extruded Polystyrene (XPS) Foam Insulation meets ASTM C578 – Standard Specification for Rigid Cellular Polystyrene Thermal Insulation.
Applicable ASTM standards include:
• ASTM C518 – Standard Test Method for Steady-State Thermal Transmission Properties by Means of the Heat Flow Meter Apparatus
• ASTM C177 – Standard Test Method for Steady- State Heat Flux Measurements and Thermal Transmission Properties by Means of the Guarded-Hot-Plate Apparatus
• ASTM D1621 – Standard Test Method for Compressive Properties of Rigid Cellular Plastics
• ASTM D2842 – Standard Test Method for Water Absorption of Rigid Cellular Plastics
• ASTM E96 – Standard Test Methods for Water Vapor Transmission of Materials
• ASTM C272 – Standard Test Method for Water Absorption of Core Materials for Structural Sandwich Constructions
• ASTM D696 – Standard Test Method for Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion of Plastics Between -30˚C and 30˚C With a Vitreous Silica Dilatometer
• ASTM C203 – Standard Test Methods for Breaking Load and Flexural Properties of Block-Type Thermal Insulation Cellular Plastics
• ASTM D4716 – Standard Test Method for Determining the (In-plane)
Flow Rate per Unit Width and Hydraulic Transmissivity of a Geosynthetic Using a Constant Head
• CAN/ULC S701 Type 4
Styrofoam™ Brand Highload Insulation uses BluEdge™ technology. It is hydrochlorofluorocarbon (HCFC) free with zero ozone depletion potential and is reusable in many applications.
Styrofoam™ Brand Highload Insulation complies with the following codes:
• International Residential Code (IRC) and International Building Code (IBC); see ICC-ES ESR 2142 (excluding Styrofoam™ Highload 100)
• California Std. Reg. #CA T-064
• Underwriters Laboratories, see Classification Certificate D369
• Underwriters Laboratories Verified to ESR 2142
• CCMC – EVALUATION 04888-L
General Insulation Company is a B2B distributor – supplier with over 50 locations across the U.S. that stocks a wide variety of polystyrene insulation products for commercial, industrial, and residential construction markets.