ElastiSeal Sealant Features
- Excellent adhesion – adheres to a variety of surfaces with primer needed
- Permanently flexible
- Non-stringing formula is easy to apply
- Non-staining formula does not discolor surfaces
ElastiSeal Sealant may meet requirements for LEED 2009 IEQ 4.1 Low-Emitting Materials, Adhesives and Sealants for some applications where the use falls under the ‘Other’ category. Refer to LEED guides for more information. VOC content: 250 g/l, less water and exempt solvents.
- AAMA 808.3-05 Exterior Perimeter Sealing
- ASTM C1311 – Solvent Release Sealants in Building Construction, max joint movement of ±7.5%
- Federal Specifications: TT-S-001657 Type I – Butyl Rubber, Solvent Release Sealing Compound for Buildings and TT-C-1796A – Caulking Compound for Metal and Wood Seam
Service Temperature Limits:
Temperature at sealant surface.
-40°F to 250°F (-40°C to 121°C)
Wet Flammability (ASTM D56):
Flash Point: 105°F (40°C)
Water Vapor Permeance (Typical Average):
0.02 perms (0.012 metric perms) at 0.078 in. (2.0 mm) dry film thickness. Tested at 100°F (38°C) and 90% RH
0.04 perms (0.024 metric perms) at 0.078 in. (2.0 mm) dry film thickness. Tested at 73°F (23°C) and 50% RH
Surface Burining Characteristics (ASTM E84):
Flame Spread: 0
Smoke Developed: 0
Tested in two 1/8” (3.2 mm) beads spaced 8” (20 cm) on center applied to 1/4 inch (6.4 mm) inorganic reinforced cement board. The flame spread may vary at different product thicknesses and/or when applied over other surfaces.
General Insulation Company Inc. is an insulation supplier / insulation distributor that stocks and fabricates a wide variety of industrial and commercial air barrier, vapor barrier, moisture and water barrier products for the construction market.