Finish for all cold insulation systems. It is also recommended for hot, exterior, sprayed polyurethane applications. In both cases, ENCACEL V is used as the finish coat after flashing and sealing all metal protrusions throughout the surface of the insulation.
ENCACEL V can be used as a decorative finish over closed-cell, flexible, cellular plastics. Care must be taken that the adhesive-bonded joint is not adversely affected by the solvent in the vapor retarder. It is not to be used in direct contact with polystyrene foam insulation.
• ENCACEL V vapor retarder coating will not check or crack in exterior applications.
• The cured film of ENCACEL V is fire-resistive and tough, yet flexible.
• It is resistive to many acids and alkalis.
• The excellent spray characteristics of the product minimizes the possibility of “pin-holing”, resulting in a uniform, monolithic film.
• Meets NFPA Standard 90A and 90B 25/50 requirements.
• This product has been tested according to ASTM E84 (Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials).
SERVICE TEMPERATURE RANGE
Temperature to which dry film is subjected.
-50°F to 220°F (-46°C to 104°C)
WATER VAPOR PERMEANCE (TYPICAL AVERAGE)
ASTM E96, METHOD E: 0.025 perms (0.016 metric perms) at 51 mils dry (1.3 mm)
ASTM E96, PROCEDURE A: 0.018 perms (0.012 metric perms) at 26 mils (0.66 mm) dry
ASTM F1249: 0.05 perms (0.033 metric perms) at 30 mils dry (0.8 mm). Tested at 100°F (38°C) and 90% RH
ENCACEL® V CP-45 meets the permeance requirements of ASTM C755-19 for below ambient vapor retarder coatings.