- Thermax White Finish Insulation must be kept dry at all times. Protect it from moisture both in storage and during installation.
- With its tough, embossed white acrylic-coated surface, Thermax White Finish Insulation can be pressurewashed at 800 psi (3’ distance) using 15 degree spray tip.
- Install Thermax White Finish Insulation with the white acryliccoated side exposed.
- Thermax White Finish board joints must be sealed with DuPont™ Thermax™ White Foil Tape. Before applying tape, wipe the application area with a damp cloth to remove foam dust. Allow surface to air dry.
- Use a squeegee or soft paint roller to press the tape firmly to the joint. Cut tape with a knife or scissors. Do not tear tape. Taping serves as a protection against moisture penetration
and gives the exterior of the boards a continuous surface.
- End-joint gaps greater than 1/8” should be filled with spray foam such as Great Stuff Pro Gaps & Cracks Polyurethane Foam Sealant or equivalent to keep a continuous air infiltration barrier and to help ensure maximum thermal efficiency across the board joints. To increase the moisture effectiveness of the board joints, apply Thermax White Foil Tape over the sprayed board joints.
- There are two ways to cut Thermax White Finish Insulation boards. One way is to use a straight edge and a utility knife, making sure to cut all the way through the facing. Or, Thermax White Finish boards may be cut with a small
Please refer to the TDS in the tab below for the three methods that can be used to install Thermax White Finish Insulation.
Install a minimum 1” Thermax™ White Finish Insulation board perpendicular to framing, spanning at least three framing members. Penetrate separate wood and metal framing 1” with a corrosion resistant fastener and poly washer, such as QUIK Cap, following the fastening pattern shown in Figure 4.
When fastening to metal, Buildex Multi-Diameter Insulation Teks or equivalent (with minimum 1-1/4” poly washers) are advised.
General Insulation Company Inc. is an insulation supplier / insulation distributor that stocks and fabricates a wide variety of industrial and commercial air barrier, vapor barrier, moisture and water barrier products for the construction market.