PERMINATOR is tough enough to withstand normal construction jobsite conditions and traffic. It will not crack, puncture, snag, split, or tear easily.
PERMINATOR prevents uncontrolled moisture from entering the slab allowing the slab to maintain the maximum slab moisture emission rate and relative humidity level as allowed by flooring manufacturer’s specifications.
PERMINATOR is available in 10 mil and 15 mil thicknesses. Both versions are furnished in 200′ (61 m) long rolls.
PERMINATOR’s 12′ (3.66 m) wide (15 mil) and 15′ (4.57 m) wide (10 mil) rolls require fewer seams in application. Installation is quick and easy. All joints/seams, both side and end, should be overlapped 6″ (152.4 mm) and taped using 4″ (101.6 mm) wide PERMINATOR TAPE from W. R. MEADOWS. PERMINATOR rolls fast and smoothly over level tamped soil or compacted fill.
PERMINATOR underslab vapor barrier is primarily designed for underslab construction, where the soil has been tamped and leveled or compacted fill has been applied. The 200′ (61 m) long sheets are unrolled as is or cut to size and installed using the overlapping method. Overlaps are 6″ (152.4 mm) wide and these seams are sealed using 4″ (101.6 mm) wide PERMINATOR TAPE.
PERMINATOR can also be used as a protection course for waterproofing membranes. The desired sheet lengths are cut to size and retained at the top of the waterproofing membranes by PERMINATOR TAPE or TERMINATION BAR from W R. MEADOWS.
The product can also be used in crawlspace applications.
- Available in 10 mil and 15 mil thicknesses, in 200′ (61 m) long rolls.
- Helps reduce the penetration of moisture and water vapor through the slab into the structure.
- Helps reduce fungus, mildew, and mold.
- Helps reduce radon gas from entering a structure.
- Resistant to methane gas.
- Tough enough to withstand normal construction jobsite conditions and traffic … will not crack, puncture, snag, split, or tear easily.
- Installs quickly and easily over tamped grade … no gravel, fill, or sand needed.
- 12′ (15 mil) and 15′ (10 mil) wide rolls require fewer seams in application.
- PERMINATOR prevents uncontrolled moisture from entering the slab allowing the slab to maintain the maximum slab moisture emission rate and
- relative humidity level as allowed by flooring manufacturer’s specifications.
- 10 or 15 mil thickness clearly marked on membrane for easy visual identification on jobsite.
- VOC content is 0 g/L.
- Made in America.
10 mil: 15′ wide (4.57 m), 200′ long (60.96 m)
15 mil: 12′ wide (3.66 m), 200′ long (60.96 m)
*Factory welds are available by special order if larger width rolls are required.
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASTM E1745 Class A, B & C.
- ACI 302.2R: Guide for Concrete Slabs that Receive Moisture Sensitive Flooring Materials makes a suggestion to use materials having 0.01 perms when flooring materials require protection lower than that determined by ASTM E 1745. PERMINATOR 15 mil meets this requirement.
General Insulation Company Inc. is an insulation supplier / insulation distributor that stocks and fabricates a wide variety of industrial and commercial air barrier, vapor barrier, moisture and water barrier products for the construction market.