UPS announced that effective June 4, 2018, the fee for the Over Maximum Limits surcharge has increased by $150 per package (moving from $500 to $650 per package).
What’s the Over Maximum Limits surcharge?
– Packages that exceed UPS’s weight and size limits are not accepted for transportation in the Small Package network. If found in the UPS system, they are subject to the Over Maximum Limits charge.
What packages are subject to the Over Maximum Limit surcharge?
– Packages with an actual weight of more than 150lbs
– Packages that exceed 108 inches in length
– Packages that exceed a total of 165 inches in Length + (2 x Width) + (2 x Height) combined.
How can you avoid this charge?
– If a package exceeds any of these limits, it should be shipped LTL Freight. Otherwise, they are subject to a $650 charge.
Please contact Katie Thibodeaux if you have any questions.
Katie Thibodeaux, Process Improvement Manager
General Insulation Company
1001 Hingham Street
Rockland, MA 02370
P – 781-391-2070 Ext. 80420
E – firstname.lastname@example.org