Contractors benefit from drones flying over construction sites by helping them observe progress, people on site, safety concerns, and more. However, drones have typically been restricted from flying over sites in populated areas. The following article, by Kim Slowey, describes how Hensel Phelps worked with the FAA for more than a year to ensure that drones flying over people met the agency’s safety concerns. According to the FAA, this is the first time the agency has collaborated with the construction industry to develop a public standard and then used that standard to issue a waiver under Part 107. Learn more…
Hensel Phelps Secures FAA Waiver to Fly Drones Over Populated Construction Sites
building, commercial, construction, contractors, developer, developers, drone, FAA, generalinsulation, gic, henselphelps, insulation, kimslowey, safety
United States Sets New Daily Record-High for Power Burn
The Prime Contractor’s Biggest Struggle With Prevailing Wage Compliance
- GIC-FABRICATION CAN CUSTOMIZE YOUR FIRE DECK PLUGS & FIRE STRIPS
- GENERAL INSULATION CO. IS HIRING – LOS ANGELES, CA – OUTSIDE SALES!
- SAVE ON SUMMER SAFETY GEAR – NOW AVAILABLE AT GENERAL INSULATION
- GENERAL INSULATION COMPANY IS HIRING!
- GENERAL INSULATION IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING SOLUTIONS FOR ALL YOUR FIRESTOP NEEDS